Every Year usually in the month of August-September, Khyber Medical University, Peshawar invites applications for the Entrance test for Admission in all Public and Private Sector Medical /Dental Colleges/Institutions of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The Entrance Test is conducted by PMC National Medical & Dental College Admission Test (NMDCAT).
A) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- A candidate who has appeared in F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) Part-II or Equivalent Examination, provided that
- He / she presents F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) Part-I Marks Certificate with a minimum of 60% marks attested by the Head of his / her Institution.
- He / she provides a Certificate issued by the Head of the Institute where he / she is admitted stating that he / she has appeared in F.Sc. (Part-II) or Equivalent examination and awaiting result.
- A candidate who has passed F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) or Equivalent Examination with a minimum of 60% Marks(excluding the marks of Hifz-e-Quran)
- Candidates having domicile in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/FATA/AJK/Northern Areas.
Note: Domicile once submitted with Entrance Test form will be final and cannot be changed/replaced later on in the admission process.
B) FORMAT FOR TEST
Entrance Test shall consist of 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs) which will be divided in five sections, namely:
- Physics 60 MCQs
- Chemistry 60 MCQs
- Zoology 30 MCQs
- Botany 30 MCQs
- English 20 MCQs
For further detail information you can download SAMPLE MODEL PAPER.
C) CENTRES FOR TEST
- University of Peshawar Cricket Ground, Peshawar:
- Ayub Medical College, Abbotabad:
- Grassy Ground, Saidu Sharif Swat:
DETAILS OF SELECTION OF CENTERS
The students of Mirpur, Azad Kashmir and Abbotabbad Board will appear in Ayub Medical College, Abbotabad Center.The sutents of Swat and Malakand Board will appear in Swat Centre. The students of the rest of the boards will appear in Peshawar Centre.
D) ENTRANCE TEST SCRATCH CARDS
Entrance Test Scratch Card will be available for Rs. 1500 at the following braches of Allied Banks:-
BISE Br. Peshawar, GT Road Br. Peshawar, Tower Hayatabad Br. Peshawar, PDA Hayatabad Br. Peshawar, Circular Road Br. DI Khan, Preedy Gate Br. Bannu, Bannu Road Br. Kohat, Mall Road Br.Mardan, Pine View Road Br. Abbotabad, Mirpur Br. Abbotabad, Bank Square Mingora and Timargara Br.Lower Dir.
- Entrance test Scratch Cards will be available usually in the month of July.
- For Online Registration and further information visit KMU website usully in the Month of July-August (Date is fixed every year)
- Entrance Test : in the month of August at 09:00 A.M.
STEP II AFTER THE ENTRY TEST
When the Entry Test Result is announced you have to take prospectus from KMU. The prospectus has the admission Form. You have to submit the Admission Form with in the due date.
STEP III MERIT LIST
After the submission of the application form a date will be notified for the merit list and Interviews as well.
STEP IV INTERVIEWS
Interviews will be conducted according to the merit number. You have to come according to your merit number. Guardian must accompany you. At the Interview you will be asked to which college you will go. You will be informed about the Available seats in the different colleges. If not then you must ask for your choice. The college choosed by the candidate at the time of Interview will not be changed after.
STEP V SUBMIT FEE
You will have to submit Admission fee in the respective colleges within the due date fixed by the Admission
STEP VI Commencement of Classes
Classes of Ist Professional MBBS Part-I starts in the month of Febuary-March