Department of Dermatology
Assistant Prof. Dr Saima Rahman (HOD)
Dermatology so far in STH worked as a single OPD room until 2019. The Department was uplifted and converted into separate male, female, and consultant OPD. It is the largest Skin Unit in the area and over the last few years it has assumed the status of referral centre for the diagnostically and therapeutically difficult cases from all over the Malakand division.
In addition to teaching undergraduates, the department also imparts promotion training to family physicians. Moreover, postgraduates from other disciplines of medicine get their compulsory training for dermatology in this department. The department is also actively engaged in research projects and almost 10 papers are published in recent years.
- Teaching Programs for Undergraduate MBBS
- Weekly Lectures (Total 14 Lectures: 60 minutes each)—Fourth Year MBBS Class
- Group Discussions in the OPD (3 hours on daily basis for Two weeks)–4th & Final Year MBBS Class
- History Taking
- Case Presentations (Common Skin Problems)
- Demonstrations (Common Skin Problems)
- Laboratory Methods
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- College CPC (Case Presentation & Lectures on Common Skin Diseases)
- Daily OPDs (Group Teaching in the Consultant OPD 10 :00 Am till 1.00 PM)
- Group Discussions on Recent Advances in Dermatology.
- Departmental CPC: Lectures & Case Presentations
No of patients seen (2020 is 50, 000)